Home inspections are vital, to say the least. Home inspections have the power to send all parties back to the negotiation table. That being said, some sellers are taking the precautionary step of having an inspection done before listing the home for sale.
Typically, home inspections are paid for by the buyer and performed right before closing the sale of the home. But by moving the inspection to the beginning of the sales cycle, sellers are able to hold the upper hand, and remove obstacles that might interfere with the buying process.
Prelisting Inspections are gaining tons of popularity because they benefit all parties involved! Read more about the benefits of Prelisting below
- Know Exactly What’s Needed– Selling agents are given time to decide what areas to work on to improve the home’s appeal.
2. First Hand Knowledge– Sellers can choose who they want to perform the inspection and be apart of the action. Sellers can assist in providing details of appliance maintenance, supply dates of improvements and explanations for current conditions.
3. A Little Extra Time– Sellers gain more time to make repairs and compare bids on work to be done, and can truly provide full disclosure to their potential buyers.
4. Accurate Pricing – A pre-listing home inspection helps set the seller’s price expectation and can be used to substantiate a higher asking price.
5. No Surprises – Agents will have fewer issues to negotiate at the 11th hour, and buyers may even waive their inspection.
6. Full Disclosure – Buyers’ benefits include receiving a third-party review of the home’s condition before making an offer which can assist in procuring financing
7.Peace of Mind– The inspection can remove any doubt the buyer might have regarding any initial concerns and may also reduce the stress associated with purchasing a home.
The importance of having a home inspection as part of the home sales process cannot be understated. It protects all parties involved by providing information so that educated decisions can be made, and make your sale as quick and easy as possIble. Green America Home Inspections offers sellers’ inspections as one of our home inspection services. For more information and to download a free sample report, click here.